Facebook PWSZ na Instagramie PWSZ na Spotify PWSZ na YouTube Helpdesk


EU Students
There are no longer any border controls points at borders within 26 EU countries. This is thanks to the Schengen Area rules which are part of the EU law. These rules abolished all internal border controls but put in place effective controls at external borders of the EU and introduced a common visa policy. All EU countries are full Schengen members except for Bulgaria, Cyprus, Ireland, and Romania. Iceland, Norway,Liechtenstein and Switzerland are also Schengen members , although they do not belong to the EU.
You need to present a valid passport or ID card when travelling to the five non-Schengen countries and when entering or leaving the EU at external borders. You should have your passport or another ID document when travelling within the EU because they may be required for identification or security purposes. Please be aware that the only valid ID is the one obtained from your national authorities. 

 Non-EU students

Non-EU students will need a valid passport. If your visa is from a country fully applying the Schengen rules, it automatically allows you to travel to the other Schengen countries as well. Moreover, if you have a valid residence permit from one of those Schengen countries, it is equivalent to a visa. You may need a national visa to visit non Schengen countries. Border officials in the EU countries may ask for other supporting documents such as an invitation letter, proof of lodging, return or round-trip ticket.
You are allowed to travel around Europe (Schengen area) as long as your visa is valid. Additional documents are not required.

In case of any additional questions concerning the visas for non-EU students, please don`t hesitate to contact  PhD Kostiantyn Mazur from the International Office at: kostiantyn.mazur@ansleszno.pl